LOVE YOURSELF - LOVE YOUR NATURAL HAIR - LOVE YOUR STYLE

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spa Water at Home - Cucumber Water


O.k. ladies, listen up. We all know we need more water in our system to promote healthy hair, skin, nails, and proper bodily functions. But for many, the thought of drinking bland water is not on the top of their list. Well, I was in Austin, TX all last week at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort & Spa and let me tell you, it was divine. I was there on business, but I did find time to take in the sights and the spa. I also purchased some funny looking shoes that look like toes, but I will blog about those on a later date. (Got to keep you coming back!)


Now back to water - I had this water at the spa while I was in the steam bath and it tasted great! I was filtered water, but instead of using lemons they used sliced cucumbers. It was refreshing and I was told it is better for your system. I have attached the simple recipe and I want you to try it and let me know what you think. Get yourself a mask, a robe, and a steamy bathroom and you can have the luxuries of a spa right at home. Don't forget the scented massage lotion and your man to make the setting complete!

Cucumber Water Recipe
In order for the water to really take on the cucumber juice, you need to prepare it the day before you are going to drink it. If you prepare the water at the last minute, cut the first cucumber in three or four pieces. Then, squeeze the cucumber pieces to release all the juice.
Ingredients:
• 1 cucumber, sliced and unpeeled + 9-10 cucumber slices for decoration
• 1 1/2 to 2 liters of water
• 3 mint sprigs + 2 mint sprigs for decoration (optional)
• Ice cubes
In a pitcher, mix the water, cucumber, and 3 mint sprigs. Let it rest on the fridge for 24 hours. Before serving, remove the cucumber slices used to flavor the water. Then stir with a spoon, add some ice cubes, 9 or 10 fresh cucumber slices and the remaining 2 mint sprigs. Enjoy this refreshing drink.

Healthy Drinking!

2 comments:

  1. I'm lol because I thought I was the only person on earth that made spa water at home. I do it all the time. Sometimes I add lemon slices but I dont' let them sit overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it is so refreshing. I use lemon sometimes also. The rind starts to make the water taste weird if it sits overnight. I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete