LOVE YOURSELF - LOVE YOUR NATURAL HAIR - LOVE YOUR STYLE

Friday, October 30, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW - MISS JESSIE'S QUICK CURLS

O.k, you all know I am in the beginning of my natural hair journey (2 years), so I am still experimenting with what products work best for my hair. Well, I tried Miss Jessie's Quick Curls to see if it would cut down the time it takes me to rod or twist my hair. I tried the product and simply used a diffuser to dry my hair. The curls were there, but they were hard(thanks for the heads up Curvy Gurl) and very loose. Also, my hair seemed to be very stiff and weird looking on the ends(thanks to the relaxer that is still on some strands).

Needless to say, I think I will try this product at a later date after I have cut all of the relaxer off my ends. The entire top and back of my head is 100% relaxer free(yeah) and the curls were very nice in those areas. The problem is I relaxed my front because I was wearing a sew-in weave and my ends are still evidence of that. One more inch cut off and I will be free, but until then I will have to rod/roll the front.

Anyhoo, I feel this will be a great product for a curly fro, but you will definitely need some type of moisturizing cream to use along with it for softness.

Pros - Smells nice, very lightweight, great hold

Cons - Holds too well (made my hair hard)

HAPPY HAIR!

No comments:

Post a Comment