LOVE YOURSELF - LOVE YOUR NATURAL HAIR - LOVE YOUR STYLE

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tried something new!

O.k. Now I am very lazy when it comes to doing my hair. I was accustomed to visiting my stylist once, every week. Now, I have decided to start a relationship with my hair and do it myself more often. With that being said, I usually go to my favorite and easiest hairstyle, the rod set. I was looking at curly nikki's site and she talked about the pros and cons of different types of rollers when used for a twist out. When she stated the magnetic rollers were easier to use, I agreed whole hearted. So I thought I would try it out myself and see what happens. Now, my hair is half 100% natural (the back) and the front has relaxed ends with about 3-4 inches of natural new growth. I am going to let my hair grow out and gradually cut off the relaxer as I have repeatedly mentioned before. (I think I am trying to convince myself this is the right thing to do) With that being said, I figured my front would take well to the magnetic rollers, but my back would be another story. I co-washed with Pantene Naturals and Herbal Essence Totally Twisted and used the conditioner as a sealant for my set. I used magnetic rollers in the front and rods on the back. The curl pattern turned out very cool.

For all of the long-term transitioners out there, this is always a winner for me. I went to the gym today and my hair just got curlier as my head began to sweat. This hairstyle also holds up in humidity and I like the ease of the magnetic rollers. Funny thing is the back of my hair up to the curve of my head is totally natural because I got all of it shaved off two years ago for a short bob. I have not relaxed for 2 years and my hair seems straighter in the back than in the front where the relaxer is still evident on the ends. Go figure! I should bc because I love my curl pattern, but I am chicken. Maybe one day!



















Happy Hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment